It’s hard to believe that this time last week I was writing this post from inside a train. (If you thought of this poem, you’re on this list as one of my favorites too.) This means I’ve been home for an entire week already…and technically it’s still Friday on the West Coast so this post is applicable.
The favorite things in my first week home on my “extended stay-cation:”
Around the Internet
- Katie has written a post comparing Tinder to sports. And it makes all the sense in the world. (Related: follow Katie’s Tinder-specific Twitter account. Her tweets about her adventures with the dating app are absolutely hilarious.)
- Did you know that EA is giving away The Sims 2 and ALL OF THE EXPANSION PACKS from now until July 31? Well, you do now! (The Sims 4 comes out in September.)
- Beyonce as Rosie the Riveter. Enough said.
- There’s no link for this, but I really just wanted to say thank you to the baristas at the Starbucks in Union Station for being really good at their jobs and extremely nice to me last week as I was traveling through! In a busy place like that, I didn’t expect to find such kind people behind the counter. It was a pleasant surprise!
New York Specific
- Sunday was my favorite local race show of the entire year: the World of Outlaws. Before the start of each “A Main” feature (otherwise known as the “main event”) the cars take a parade lap four wide in something that is “often imitated [and] never duplicated.” It’s always my favorite part of the show.
- My brother tried to tell me for years and years to watch Bob’s Burgers and now I finally have. My favorite episode (so far) is “Art Crawl.”
- Mike’s Hard Black Cherry. It’s marvelous and it makes me happy.
Happy Friday, y’all!