YAY FRIDAY! This Friday I’m en route back to New York for a little time with my family before my big kid job (FINALLY) starts…it seems like I’ve been waiting forever. Only about two more weeks and then I’m an official government employee!
It’s been an excruciatingly long day of traveling and I’m incredibly anxious to get home… I’m finally on the train to my final destination. (No, not like the movies!)
This week, my favorite Broadway actress, the absolutely incredible Elaine Stritch passed away at the age of 89. A lot of my favorites this week will center around her and her wonderful portrayal of the character Joanne in the timeless Sondheim musical, Company.
Around the Internet
- The Telegraph put together a list of the best Elaine Stritch quotations. My personal favorite: “Quite frankly I don’t know how to be happy. I have not a clue. I only serve – and I don’t say that with any grandeur. I just serve others through entertaining. That’s when I am happy. I’m not just delighted with myself when I’m entertaining, but I’m happier than when I’m not.“
- During my travels, I got tweeted by Starbucks.
- The FEMA Instagram account! I’m very excited about this and you should be too.
- Yesterday I wrote a post about playing softball on the National Mall. You should check that out. DC is full of surprises and yesterday was definitely a great one!
- Reba McIntyre’s “Fancy” was mashed up with Iggy Azalea’s “Fancy” and it’s awesome.
- Elaine Stritch’s version of “Ladies Who Lunch”
- I need to give a huge shoutout to my HALO Charger for getting me through this trip. Without it, I would be phoneless and just plain sad.