Happy Friday, but more importantly–HAPPY FREE SLURPEE DAY! I’ve been able to go out and about and explore the city a bit this week, which is a very excellent development in my life. That and I have a real bed with a mattress now, so life is pretty flippin’ fantastic!
Around the Internet
- Garth Brooks is announcing his world tour dates…on Monday. My preteen dreams of belting out “Friends in Low Places” and “Two Pina Coladas” with Garth himself will be coming true–if he comes anywhere near DC!
- I (re)discovered the Nike+ app yesterday, and if my Nike+ shoes hadn’t gotten completely drenched in yesterday’s torrential downpour I’d be going out with them again today–but they’re a bit soggy! I’m trying to lose a significant amount of weight for my cousin’s wedding (that and I’m just generally unsatisfied with my weight right now) and so this will be a great asset!
- This tumblr post. That’s all I can say.
DC Specific (This is a new section, designed to talk more about things I’ve discovered and loved since being here. There’s a lot of really awesome stuff around here and I’m really looking forward to being able to gush all about it!)
- I went to Nellie’s Sports Bar (which isn’t far from where I live) for karaoke on Tuesday and it was probably one of the most fun things I’ve done since moving here. I’m not one of those people who does things by themselves–but I couldn’t pass up karaoke.
- I have a television and cable in my room now. Which means my Golden Girls marathons have begun…again.
- I own a ChromeCast and it’s probably the greatest thing to ever happen.
- Softball with my coworkers is pretty much my new favorite thing in the world. My body hurts today, but it’s such a great networking opportunity and a chance for me to know my teammates better and show that I’m a little more than cargo pants and combat boots. #americorpsalumproblems