Friday afternoons are my favorite part of the week. And so, keeping with the theme, I’ll have all of my weekly favorite things in a post on Fridays.
This week’s favorite things are as follows:
- Netflix on WiiU. (Netflix on my television?! I’m game!)
- Tweetdeck. I’ve been known to say that I liked Tweetdeck better before it was bought by Twitter, but it is still excellent. Column organization makes it a lot easier for me to sort tweets. The search function is also incredibly easy to use. If you don’t use it already, I highly recommend it.
- The HALO Charger. Being someone who is tethered to electronic devices nearly 24/7, I often am struggling for power. I have been known to do some relatively sketchy things for outlets. (I moved a massage chair in Atlanta International Airport so I could charge my laptop and iPad. I needed them fully charged so I could livetweet my Political Animals binge on my way home from Alabama.) This fits in my purse and holds a charge enough to charge my phone, iPad, iPod, Kindle, or Nintendo 3DS.
- The FEMA Blog! This is the blog that I’ll be contributing to upon my return to DC. I’m very excited about it and hope that this new venture turns out well!
- 21 Things You Live For When You Have a 9-5 Job, from Chelsea Fagan. Thought Catalog has been hit-or-miss-but-mostly-miss with me these days, but I’m a sucker for a good Chelsea Fagan article. This is one of the best and most relatable I’ve seen in a long time. My life in DC is, was, and will be just about all of these. Except the bagels. The best bagels are only found at Uncommon Grounds–my favorite coffee shop in all of Albany, NY.
- This Washington Post article about the new season of one of my favorite series, Orange is the New Black.
- Neutrogena’s All-In-One Acne Control Daily Scrub. Keeps my skin clear without completely destroying it. (Warning: if you’re one of those people that has gone paranoid over microbeads-in-beauty-products note that this product does in fact contain those beads.)
- USA Network’s obsession with Law and Order: SVU reruns. Every day after my mom comes home from work, and after Dr. Phil ends, that’s what we watch.
- The beginning of the Orange is the New Black binge as Season Two began streaming on Netflix at 3:01am EDT. (If you have any lesbian friends, they’ll probably be glued to their preferred Netflix-streaming device this weekend…which is exactly where you will find me.)
- Today is National Donut Day. Dunkin Donuts will give you a free donut with any beverage.
- Frank Sinatra Jack Daniel’s exists. Be careful, it’ll run you about $180/L. (It better be the best whiskey I’ve ever tasted.)
If you have any favorites you’d like to share, let me know! I’m always looking for new things to try.